Saturday, June 28, 2014

Ulta's Automatic Eye Liner


Over the past year, I've been obsessed with Ulta because it always has such great sales, even on top of the coupons. Its reward program is pretty good because at every 100 points you receive $3 off anything and since it was my birthday last week I received a full size CK One Color mascara that’s usually $18!

Anyways, today I will be reviewing Ulta’s Automatic EyelinersUsually it costs $8 per eyeliner but they were on sale for $2 each, so naturally I bought four eyeliners. (Sometimes the eyeliners are even $1 online!) Colored eyeliners have been very on trend for this spring and summer and I was looking for some cheap ones that I could experiment with. While Stila has a great variety of colored eyeliners, they’re around $18 each! In my honest opinion, I don’t think it’s worth spending that much money on something that’s probably going to go out of trend in the Fall and Winter. Plus, I think these Ulta eyeliners work just as well.
Swatches of Ulta's Automatic Eyeliners in Storm, Lace, Grape, and Tropics 
Storm: Grey Metallic Shimmer with flecks of Silver Glitter.
Ulta's Automatic Eyeliner in Storm
Lace: White Matte. I like white eyeliners because it makes the eye appear more open and awake. It can also provide a very mod look. 
Ulta's Automatic Eyeliner in Lace
Grape: Purple Matte. I like any subtle purple eye makeup because it definitely complements brown eyes.
Ulta's Automatic Eyeliner in Grape
Tropics: Bright Blue Metallic Shimmer with Silver Glitter
Ulta's Automatic Eyeliner in Tropics
My favorite ways to wear these eyeliners is by tracing it on top of a black cat eye and lining the inner corner/tear duct and bottom lash with the chosen color of eyeliner. Because of the heat and sweat that happens during the summer, the eyeliners give the eyes that pop of color and no eye-shadow is needed, which could potentially sweat right off the face! 

Pro: 
-Price: Definitely worth it if the liner is on sale.
-Color Payoff: The color comes off exactly as expected.
-Staying Power: The color stays on all day once it is put on.
Con: 
-Not Waterproof: The eyeliner claims to be waterproof but it doesn't work well on the waterline.

Ultimately, I recommend Ulta's Automatic Eyeliners when they go on sale because it allows for all sorts of experimentation with a variety of different colors!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment